Sunday, November 16, 2008

jon brion scored my life

So I saw Synecdoche, NY, the new Charlie Kaufman movie, with Nathan on Friday. I've been excited about this movie since it was first announced about two years ago. I'd even read the first half of the script about a year ago. It lived up to all my expectations. It was visual poetry. I don't think anyone in the world will ever fully comprehend it, because I look at the movie simply as Charlie Kaufman's brain totally unfiltered produced on film. With multiple viewings, I'll understand more and more, but I think nothing will be as beautiful as that first time seeing it, soaking it all in, being immersed in his confusing, lonely, gorgeous world. Watch the trailer if you're interested.

We're doing a postcard series in Graphic Design class and we're researching architects and I picked Santiago Calatrava and fell in love. I'll let the buildings and bridges speak for themselves...





With the holiday season rapidly approaching, I realize all I want is money to save up for traveling and splurging at American Apparel as well as these items:



(the DVD not the soundtrack, I just love that vinyl cover, ahaha)

After seeing Gail Anderson speak (type/graphic design editor for Rolling Stone for many, many years - she did all the covers and spreads I grew up and fell in love with - AMAZING) on Friday afternoon, I went on a spontaneous excursion to American Apparel and 7-11 and got an orange metal SLURPEE straw as well as this lil' gem of a t-shirt:



"LOVE LOVE LOVE" SHOW at MARTOS GALLERY
Whyyyyy don't I live in new york. This show is up until December 6th, so I HAVE TO see it during Thanksgiving Break. Look at that fucking artist line-up: Larry Clark, Tracey Emin, Nan Goldin, Keith Haring, Robert Mapplethorpe, Barbara Kruger, David LaChapelle, and Maripol! Not to mention it's all about love/sex. Ah, so so good. I love when it seems like the curator of a show had you in mind...



...OH and last but certainly not least - does ANYONE remember how hot Alec Baldwin used to be?!
He's virtually unrecognizable from this hottness anymore...

So sad. Hot young Alec foreverrrrr!

1 comment:

Riley said...

i like what you say about everything.