Friday, February 20, 2009

oh hey, stuff i did

I rarely post work I do in school, so I figured I might for a change. In PhotoImaging, a class I don't particularly like, we had to take our own photos and make a poster for a group photography show, a book cover+back, and a CD cover+back. I chose the "Love Love Love" show at the Martos Gallery I never got to see, but wanted to terribly, one of my favorite Palahniuk books "Invisible Monsters", and my favorite album of all time, Interpol's "Antics." I never think self-taken photographs work well on re-makes of book covers and things, but thankfully Libby had all those extra pills lying around from her pill bracelets cause it made me really happy with the photos I got for the Invisible Monsters cover.




i wrapped the two book covers around actual books that magically fit them perfectly. it was fun to hold them in my hands and see them as 3D functional objects:

1 comment:

Mel Barat said...

John, I love the first cover for Invisible Monsters!

great use of the pill shape in the second one