Sunday, April 19, 2009

Had another nice weekend in the city with Rob. It'll be the last one till I move back home. I got an internship in the city for the summer so I'll be there a lot, I'm really excited about that. Can't wait to just chill on Long Island at home with friends and stuff, as well.

 The semester is ending so quickly it's frightening. I'm stressed about moving out. Just...so much stuff. There will be lots of sentimental and cathartic cleaning/throwing out over the next couple of weeks. Projects and papers probably won't kill me too much, I'll be alright with those. I always am.

We saw August: Osage County on Saturday afternoon. I'm used to musicals, and this was a play, and it was absolutely amazing. It won the Pulitzer and the Tony, so I knew it wasn't going to be bad, but it really blew me away. It was incredible!


At night we watched Grey Gardens, the HBO movie about the Beale sisters. I love-love-love the original Maysles Brothers' documentary. It's one of the best documentaries of all time. I was worried about this movie being made, but it was SO fantastic. I was totally pleased with it. Drew was AMAZING and Little Edie and Jessica Lange literally transformed into Big Edie.


And I had never seen Harold & Maude OR The Graduate, so I finally got around to watching both of them on the bus rides, and loved every single minute. Simply amazing. I love when movies soundtracks are entirely by a single artist. The Graduate soundtrack was entirely Simon & Garfunkel and Harold & Maude was all Cat Stevens. Movies should do that more often.




1 comment:

Mel Barat said...

John I agree with you about the soundtrack by one artist, it makes the film so much more beautiful